Monday, August 14, 2006
Am really bothered by my progress in ps. It's no doubt the most enjoyable as well as most feared subject in school this year for me. Everyone except me seemed to be prepared for exam. I have been having nasty dreams about the practical exam and even dreamt that Dr. Lim scolded me for being too slow in memorising. I still have so many pieces yet to be memorised and I can really feel the pressure gradually building up. Friday's performance class was indeed a wake up call for me. Watching the others perform their pieces, though not really polished, but at least they memorised!! Memory has always been an obstacle for me and I really pray that God will give me the wisdom and patience to cope with it.

Masterclass today made me realised that I have many things to polish up. Especially in keeping a steady tempo throughout my Haydn. After watching ff playing the Waldstein, I am glad that I learnt a lot from his performance. How to handle rests and to refrain myself from rushing.

I am still struggling to try to like the Shostakovich prelude that I am playing. It's getting there I presume but all the dissonance is giving me a headache haiz...

Daily Bread






affiliates!


The-Vine

Noel

Fan

Haha

Sharon

OOi

Michelle

En Xin

Shu


tagboard
drop a message..




past!
harping on the past

August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
March 2009
January 2011