Haha… it’s been some time since last written anything here. Firstly, below are the pics that were taken during Beach Cleaning time with dear 2Cs. Pictures speaks louder than words, so hmmm… did we have a good time? That was the last day of the school year, in other words, the last day of school as their co-form teacher. 真是依依不舍。As my first co-form class as a full-fledge teacher, they really set the bench mark really high. So many teachers had nothing by positive comments about them; they are just like little angels. So dear 2Cs, this may be the last year together, but it’s not the end, true and genuine friendships will not be broken when you all split into different classes, it will only grow stronger. =) I have a good friend in secondary that left for Penang with her family and now is currently studying in the States. Though we are miles and miles apart, and we’ve not seen each others for years (I really mean many many many years), the bond is still there, even stronger, knowing that we both still cherish our friendship. 加油了哦,同学们!
Attended 2 concerts in a row last week. Both were equally fantastic. First was Murray Perahia in Recital with my music students which I called them the little ‘7 cute dwarfs’. They just looked so adorable in their school uniforms. They were so excited haha as for a couple of them; it was the first time in Esplanade Concert Hall. The concert was amazing; he sounded so much more lively and deep then his already brilliant recordings.
Next was a concert by the LA Philharmonic under the baton of Esa-Pekka Salonen. Yefim Bronfman was the pianist for the ever popular and legendary Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto no. 1 in Bb minor. The performance was spectacular and I really look upon and envy the maturity and knowledge of the orchestra. Especially when executing Stravinsky’s ‘The Firebird’.
Went with Mo and I am sure he enjoyed it too! Was a little tired before the concert, but I felt really pumped up after. It has been a long time since I got such great doze of Classical Music. =) We met up with Dor and Whole at chomp chomp for quick dinner before heading to Ice Cube for waffles. Yummy yummy...



